Wednesday, February 3, 2021
Sunday, January 17, 2021
New York and its neighboring states, along with New York City, are expanding availability of COVID-19 immunizations. Use the links below to see if you belong to a group that is now eligible and, if you are, to make an appointment for vaccination.
- Paid or unpaid persons working or volunteering in a healthcare setting
- Residents of long-term care facilities and other congregate settings
- Frontline first responders
- Persons aged 65 and older
- Persons below 64 years old who have at least one chronic medical condition that poses high-risk for severe COVID-19
AFT is making major changes and improvements to our AFT provided and Affiliate purchased Accidental Death & Dismemberment insurance benefit. Specifically, this includes:
- Signed on with a new AD&D insurance provider, switching from ULLICO to the Federal Insurance Company, a member insurer of the Chubb Group of Insurance Companies; and
- Expanded coverage to include coma and paralysis (paraplegia and quadriplegia); and
- Maintained the same benefit amount of $6,250 per unit (insured member) for the affiliate-purchased and $5,000 coverage from AFT. And note: Benefits are doubled if the accident or injury occurs on the job associated with your AFT membership.
- Reduced the cost to affiliates who purchase AD&D coverage from 5 cents per unit per member to 3.667 cents per unit per member. This is a 26% savings for affiliates.
- New beneficiary cards will not be required.
- Affiliates not currently purchasing can add this program at any time.
- Affiliates currently purchasing can increase their number of units at any time.
- For affiliates that purchase, the new rate will appear on invoices in January, 2021.
Friday, October 23, 2020
AFT National has prepared a number of documents providing us with important information on our current AFT+ Membership Benefits. There include:
An outline of our current AFT+ member benefits
Information on current AFT+ member job interruption assistance program
Be sure to review and take advantage of our numerous AFT+ program resources!