Established in 1996, AFT Local 1904's Becker-Keenen-Moore-Uhia-Waller (BKMUW) Scholarship at Montclair State University has awarded 82 scholarships for a total of $41,500.
|2013 BKMUW Scholarship Recipients with AFT Local 1904 President Rich Wolfson |
and VP for Internal Affairs Jen Higgins
- Students must be an undergraduate student enrolled full-time at Montclair State University at the time the award payment is made.
- Students cannot be on academic or disciplinary suspension or probation. A minimum GPA of 2.75 is required.
- Students must depend in whole or in part on their own work/employment for economic resources for their enrollment. Financial Aid status will be verified.
- For the Ellen Kerns Nunn Scholarship, to be eligible, students must be a single parent who is working/employed full-time or part-time and pursuing an undergraduate education.
- Eligible students will apply by writing and submitting an essay describing the student’s need, and the role of higher education in the student’s life. Applicants should carefully proof read their essays.
- As part of the application, the students will submit two letters of recommendation from faculty, professional staff or librarians who are members of MSUFT Local 1904 bargaining unit.
- Students are encouraged to consult with the Local’s Office Manager, Linda Turano, to determine if those the student is asking for a letter of recommendation from are members of MSUFT Local 1904.
- Letters of recommendation from MSU employees that are not members of MSUFT Local 1904 (e.g. administrators or adjunct faculty members) will not be accepted.
The 2014 deadline for applications is Friday, March 7, 2014 at 3:00 p.m.
Questions? Contact the Local's office via email @ email@example.com or stop by our office located in College Hall, Room 314A.